All Deputize your Cameras registrants agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Any footage containing or related to criminal activity may be collected by the Austin Police Department for use as evidence during any stage of a criminal proceeding.
- Relevant information is reserved for official use by the Austin Police Department and will not be released to any member of the general public or press.
- If necessary, the Police Department will contact you directly, using the information provided on this site, to request the appropriate video surveillance footage.
- Under no circumstances shall registrants construe that they are acting as an agent and/or employee of the City of Austin and/or the Austin Police Department through the Deputize Your Cameras program.
- Under no circumstances shall the Austin Police Department utilize any information obtained to view footage/feeds directly from cameras owned by registrants.
- Participation in the Deputize Your Cameras program may not be free. Businesses and residents choosing to share live access to their video with the Austin Police Department may be responsible for paying for (and keeping current) a subscription fee to their local Hitachi Insight Group reseller as well as hardware and services necessary for the installation and configuration of components necessary to enable access. Contact a local representative or see the Memorandum of Understanding for complete details.
- Submission of the registration form indicates acceptance of the above terms and conditions.